Our Salling Day

Last Thursday, Room 6 and 7 walked to Panmure Basin for sailing. It was so sunny and a little windy when we got there. Room 6 had to do some land activities. Room 7 was in the water on tiny boats when we were learning about knots and pulleys.

We were going to learn about pulleys first. Did you know that  people say that if you use a pulley it would be easier to pull a heavy thing? So we tested it. We got a bag of sand and we all held the bag of sand and it was heavy. Then we tried carrying it with a pulley. We all tried pulling it and  we all said it was so easy with the pulleys. When we were finished learning about pulleys we learned about knots. We all tied a reef knot and it was super easy. After Room 7 was finished sailing, then Room 6 had our turn to sail.

When we all got in the boats there could only be 2 people in one boat. We had 11 people so Spencer had to go on the speedboat. I was with Paula and we were doing super good. Then Steph threw some rubber ducks so we could get them and Spencer had Frank the rubber duck. Then Steph came and switched Paula and Spencer. Then Steph said that we could flip the boat and jump off. Spencer and I flipped the boat and we fell out of it. It was so funny and fun. When we got back on the boat we could see Angelina and Tahlia both fell out of the boat and could not get back in the boat. So I went to help them. I had to stay on the boat for a little because Spencer went in the speedboat. I was having so much fun.

Then when we were finished I was freezing cold so I got my towel and changed. Then we walked back to school. Paula, Jaeden and I were never tired. When we came back to school Mrs Agnew was reading us a story and I almost fell asleep but I didn’t. Then it was the end of the day so we all prayed at the end of the wonderful day and we all went home.    

I had a super fun day. I really wish I could go sailing again next year.